Sunday 3 June 2012

"Another movie resource no one ask for...."


“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.” - Simon Pegg

I could not agree more with the above. In my 27 years I have never been able to (or in fact wanted to) escape my inner geek.  I guess I can trace it back to the 1980’s where the film that probably started it all for me was Ghostbusters. It had it all – comedy, supernatural sci fi elements, action and horror (it took me years to be able to view the scene in the library where the team say “Get her!”. I was five at the time).




http://www.motifake.com/61422


The love I had for this film was so much that I paid for a full price ticket to see it at the cinema last year. After all, it did come out the year I was born so I missed the chance first time round. It held up remarkably well and I think it will remain in my top 5 films of all time for a long time to come.

My Top 5 Films (in no particular order)

  1. Ghostbusters 
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
     
      I will fill in the rest as I continue writing this blog (oooh the suspense!)

And so yes I am a movie geek and enjoy ‘picking apart’ and analysing films with friends, non so more apparent as of a couple of days ago when we went to see Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. Afterwards we ended up talking about the film in the cinema car park for close to three quarters of an hour. We thought it was... well... 





All to be revealed in the the next post


What I will say is that it inspired me or rather pushed me (I had been thinking about it for a while) to start writing a blog about geeky things, films and shows in particular. I am in no way an expert, just an enthusiast with a 10 year old A Level in Media (yes I'm English) and a geeky passion for films with many geeky friends. I can’t promise meaningful insight, or well written, mind blowing reviews;  just ramblings of a geek which you may find amusing, be able to identify with and just possibly(!) enjoy reading. I welcome all opinions and comments that my posts may generate.

Til’ next time!

Geek out,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment